General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

To Sell or not to sell???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

crackerjackman is on a distinguished road
To Sell or not to sell???

I have a 98' red, with come in may almost 30k on the bike. It is signed by q-ball from sublime and his crew and my landlord whom is a rich guy is willing to give me on the low side 6k for the bike and high side 7.7k for it. What should I do??? I only paid out the door 3300 for my hawk. should i take the money or not sell it??? Help!!! Mike 996 throuw in your input since we were talking about it pls. also anyone is free to throw in their two cents.

Thanks,

Philip
Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Squid

superhawkblonde is on a distinguished road
can you buy another one rather quickly?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
why would he overpay so much?

I mean I understand that the sigs may be valuable to some people but 3 grand?

If he would pay that much sell it then buy yourself another bike and keep the profit right?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Go for as much as the buyer is willing to pay. If a buyer thinks a bike is worth x amount of $s then that's what it is worth.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Guess it depends on how much you like sublime...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
sell it, buy another.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Squid

NVDutchie is on a distinguished road
If somebody is willing to offer that amount ... "Take it and Go"
you can almost buy 2 VTR's .. one for the track and other for street ..
or whatever floats your boat !!
Good Luck !!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Sell it

You can buy another bike and gear for that price.
Superstock

andy9743 is on a distinguished road
sell it.
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
any forgers in here? You can copy the signature to my bike and I will sell him mine for that price LOL
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
sell the focking thing toute suite!

30k miles! yikes!!! why are you even thinking about it???
Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
SuperBike

wait a minute, you are down on your financial luck, with the wife and kids? you shouldn't be asking us, you should be selling. i hope that buyer hasn't wised up yet.

did you get your issues sorted out?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

My GF said i would be stupid to not to sell the bike. SH on craigslist are going for about 3- 4500 depending on year condition etc. I dont know I mean ill be honest....I had to smoke alot of the green stuff to even get the bike signed and I like the fact that the bike is unique. Im kinda on the fence. And the reason he is willing to pay so much cause I said what I wanted and wat the lowest I would take for it. I really am stuck. This is my first V-twin and first hawk so it has alot of centemental value. not to mention its not every day that you smoke with Q-ball and have your bike signed. When I got it back from collateral for my GF's Accord I was asked that very night by the stealer if I would sell it. I said 7k and its yours, knowing he would not buy it. Just really dont know what to do. The money would help but then the new hawk would be just like everyone elses...=(

Philip
Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

Financal stuff is going ok. Why am i thinking??? Cause first V-twin. And its like your first car...you love it till you absolutley have to get rid of it. GF and My son gunner are doing ok. Was in some hard times but managed to pull through. I just wanted to see what others would do if they were in my shoes. to me 6k is like im a millionaire. Hell to me $100 is not chump change. to me thats pricey. But to each his own right??
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Honestly.... everything has a price. Id be hard pressed to let it go, but considering what ya just went through, the extra cash could go to good use. Plus it might help her forget about that helmet...

Oh, and btw, my phone has been acting ghetto, when i go to check messages it turns itself off. doing a reset now.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
sellit!
if i could get payoff i'd sell mine in a heartbeat... 3.2k
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

Originally Posted by Mike996
Honestly.... everything has a price. Id be hard pressed to let it go, but considering what ya just went through, the extra cash could go to good use. Plus it might help her forget about that helmet....

True. Especailly since her Accord was stolen on sunday morning. We would be able to replace most of the stuff that got stolen. So you saying like sell the bike and close this chapter of our lives??? like it would be closure since they jacked her helmet that was signed along with the bike, and if we dont have either then it would help us get over this. She is stil hella down about it especially since the cops are still tallying up the total cost of everything that got jacked.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by crackerjackman
True. Especailly since her Accord was stolen on sunday morning. We would be able to replace most of the stuff that got stolen. So you saying like sell the bike and close this chapter of our lives??? like it would be closure since they jacked her helmet that was signed along with the bike, and if we dont have either then it would help us get over this. She is stil hella down about it especially since the cops are still tallying up the total cost of everything that got jacked.

Thats what i was thinking. Every time she sees your tank, thats going to be a reminder of her helmet getting jacked. I dont know her, but it might make her lose intrest in bikes alltogether if shes not distracted from it. Id keep the memories, sell the bike, use part of the money to replace what was stolen, get another bike and a new helmet for her.

I kept my mustang for a real long time mainly because of the sentimental value, but once it was gone and the Hawk took its place in the garage, i havent looked back since.

Id make a list of all the things you want to do to your hawk (suspension, cct's, etc...) and compare that to how much you would spend on a new or newer bike that wont have the same issues and is a little more technologically advanced.

Thats just me though
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

I already know that i wont get something more advanced. She told me that if I get another bike then it has to be another SH!!! LOL!!! She loves riding on the back. If i do sell the bike I would get another 98'. I would just swap out clusters and do the mods to make it work. The biggest thing holding me back is sentimental value. Just being honest. Also i was thinking sell the bike and if i can get q-***** number from my buddy who was in his band, then have him sign the new bike and helmet for her. Just a thought. I really do hope the po pos find her helmet before may. The whole car jacking thing really messed her up. I have to find a way to cheer her up....and the sad thing is i know only one way....Get her helmet back. So ill keep looking everyday til the bastards are stupid enough to post it up for sale and then the detectives will get them and get it back.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Squid

Daknut is on a distinguished road
seems like a hard choice to make 6-7k would buy and build a really sweet 98...
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

I know the more I think of it I can get another one and still have some money left over after doing what I want to the new bike. Next question....What should i look for when searching for a new bike and what would you do to the new bike if you had the spare cash???
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
SuperBike

if you recall i defended you in the "pizza and beer" thread. i am hoping for the best for everyone, including you. so, i mean this in a positive manner: stop smoking for a few hours and sell the ******* bike!

sentimental value??? how long have you had the bike? you'll forget that bike as soon as you get a new one. get q-ball to sign the new bike.

you will still have your memories and q-ball story to tell.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:11 PM
SuperBike

I know the more I think of it I can get another one and still have some money left over after doing what I want to the new bike. Next question....What should i look for when searching for a new bike and what would you do to the new bike if you had the spare cash???
thatta boy.

get another hawk. $3kish should be doable. low miles of course is a good idicator. general condition of the bike. look at the fork seals, chain and sprokets. is the chain clean and lubed or gummed up with gunk? what color is the oil? what color are the clutch and brake fluids? did the owner do the proper maintenance? does the engine sound ok? if you can test ride does it shift well?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

[quote=finepooch;250247] stop smoking for a few hours and sell the ******* bike!quote]

That made me laugh and made my day LOL!!!

Yes Finepooch i do remember that you stuck up for me and for that I am grateful. I have had the bike since June but the thing is that I never got to really enjoy it because I made the sacrifice of using the bike as collateral for Liz's honda. I totally understand where everyone is coming from. I really do. It may be one thing to get to smoke with Q-Ball and have him sign your bike cause that doesnt happen everyday considering my bike was the first bike he ever signed. But at the same time its not everyday that someone is going to give you 6-7k for a bike that is worth 3500 tops. This is what everyone is trying to get at right?? Just so I am on the same page.

Oh and I got off the phone with Liz and she goes if you sell the bike you can get yourself a car and a new hawk. That way you can stop bitching about having only the hawk as your set of wheels and having to ride in the rain. I didnt think of that. Hell this is making me lean over to the selling side of the fence...=)

Last edited by crackerjackman; 01-14-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Got side tracked
Old 01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
It may be one thing to get to smoke with Q-Ball and have him sign your bike cause that doesnt happen everyday considering my bike was the first bike he ever signed. But at the same time its not everyday that someone is going to give you 6-7k for a bike that is worth 3500 tops.
Hammer meet nailhead. Bingo. etc

edit: and maybe next time you are in town he will vaguely recall you from last time and sign your new hawk too.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
SELL, SELL, SELL!!! You could very easily get a lower mileage replacement. Then drop a set of inverted forks in there.... Oh the mods.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

[quote=crackerjackman;250253]
Originally Posted by finepooch
stop smoking for a few hours and sell the ******* bike!quote]

That made me laugh and made my day LOL!!!

Yes Finepooch i do remember that you stuck up for me and for that I am grateful. I have had the bike since June but the thing is that I never got to really enjoy it because I made the sacrifice of using the bike as collateral for Liz's honda. I totally understand where everyone is coming from. I really do. It may be one thing to get to smoke with Q-Ball and have him sign your bike cause that doesnt happen everyday considering my bike was the first bike he ever signed. But at the same time its not everyday that someone is going to give you 6-7k for a bike that is worth 3500 tops. This is what everyone is trying to get at right?? Just so I am on the same page.

Oh and I got off the phone with Liz and she goes if you sell the bike you can get yourself a car and a new hawk. That way you can stop bitching about having only the hawk as your set of wheels and having to ride in the rain. I didnt think of that. Hell this is making me lean over to the selling side of the fence...=)
well, i have had a few beers tonight. i am a happy drunk,... for the most part. please forgive my drunken grammar, well, please forgive my sober grammar too.

i sign on and see craker's responce to my comments. love it. not only do i love the fact that you're seeing things clearly, you also are getting a laugh at the same time. good for us.

sell the damned bike, get a newer one. geeze, you haven't even had the bike for a year. during that short time you have had to put it up for collateral(?), and had to wrench it. plus your thread about pizza and beer(thanks to me and mike996!) pissed some shawkers off. so, the damned bike has been a curse really, until now. now you have a glorious opportunity to finally get something out of the thing. lousy bike, get rid of it and may your next bike treat you better!

this bike came to you for a reason. the reason is to make a easy couple grand! if you don't take it you will be disgracing the bike!!! therefore you have no choice.

good luck to all!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Having been the blood-man at the altar selling the bike is the proper end to what has been a short but painful existence. If you need to get to work - you own a Vespa not a Superhawk. The long list of events since your first post have been nothing short. And now the GF's car has been stolen. I remember when I was twenty and I remember taking harsh action with friends and surroundings. Do whatever you need to do to shift gears. Change friends, get a new place, move across town - whatever in the **** it takes - you need to get out of the box! Sounds like the only saving grace is your lady. Take her with you and book!

Good luck and don't look back.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Squid

dieschem is on a distinguished road
You are in tough financial times, and you have a gf and a kid. Sentimental doesn't feed a family. You have responsibilities bro, see to 'em. Luck..
Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Squid

Superclean09 is on a distinguished road
I have a 98' red, with come in may almost 30k on the bike. It is signed by q-ball from sublime and his crew and my landlord whom is a rich guy is willing to give me on the low side 6k for the bike and high side 7.7k for it. What should I do??? I only paid out the door 3300 for my hawk. should i take the money or not sell it??? Help!!! Mike 996 throuw in your input since we were talking about it pls. also anyone is free to throw in their two cents.

Thanks,

Philip

I have a MINT 2003 with RS-3's and brand new Michelin CT2's. It has only 4800 miles on it.Sell yours and buy the blue one!!!

Make me an offer!

Quick Reply: To Sell or not to sell???