General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

OE headpipes (damage or design?)

Old 01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
OE headpipes (damage or design?)

I've seen some crazy factory exhaust-kinks that looked like damage so I figure I'll ask before I assume mine are busted. The headpipe for the forward cylinder has a section of it pushed up what feels to be about half an inch, as it passes underneath the oil pan. Looks like it may impede flow there pretty substantially.

Is this damage, or factory for some reason that I'm unaware of? And if it IS damage, any of yall selling (or ebaying) a set of factory pipes?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
No, the front header should be dent-free. The left side mid has a manufactured dent where it goes past the chain. And then there's the obstruction in the right mid just after it goes 1 to 2. Take off your right can and shine a flashlight down there and you can see it. Many folks grind that out.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
No, the front header should be dent-free. The left side mid has a manufactured dent where it goes past the chain. And then there's the obstruction in the right mid just after it goes 1 to 2. Take off your right can and shine a flashlight down there and you can see it. Many folks grind that out.
Okay thanks...yeah the pipe is definitely damaged. Now to find someone that can fix the damn thing, or somewhere I can buy a used set of pipes for cheap
Old 01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
That dent is pretty common on our bikes, mine got that way from a ramp when I was putting it in the back of my truck. Keep an eye on ebay you can usually pick one up very cheap.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I just noticed, you're in Palm Bay, that's just a little north of Jupiter isn't it? I'm not too far from you.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Hawkins, when I bought my Superhawk the PO had had TBR Carbon cans on it. The rivets in the cans ate through the CF and the cans blew apart. He Ebayd a couple stock cans and just screwed them on the TBR header. When I bought the bike he gave me the stock header. I have decided to abandon the current setup and have sent the stock header out to JetHot for the super chrome treatment. When it gets back I will mount it on the bike, remove the TBR header and then mount the new mids & cans that are coming from Jardine. You can have this old TBR header if you want it. They take up a lot of room to store and the JetHot header is guaranteed for years. The TBR needs to be sanded or sandblasted and refinished or polished. I had plans to blast it and the cans and paint the whole system with flat black header paint. I've got a bunch of extra stuff going this year and I'm honestly not going to have time to spend on them only to mothball it. You pay the freight from Austin and they're yours.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Back Marker

gssbmm
do the tbr header have anymore flow then the stockers?