General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Back Marker

Malice is on a distinguished road
I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the Hawk about a year and a half or so ago. got the title changed over at the time and no prob thought nothing of it. Well, I was setting up a file for the bike itself in the filing cabinet yesterday to keep track of everything since I'm going to start modding it and when I looked at the title I noticed that the mileage shows 83k. WTF!?! When I got the title changed the bike had 33k and apparently the lady screwed up when she transfered the title over. So I went to MVD and told the lady behind the counter what happened and asked to get it changed and she said she can do it but would have to put a note attached to the vin that the odometer has been changed! Again, WTF!?!?!?! I told her that they screwed up when they reissued the title and that I didn't change the mileage but she said that's all they can do and I should have looked it over carefully when I got it changed. Now I'm pissed!!!!! Granted I have no plans to get rid of the hawk even after I get the Duc 1198 later this year but it still pisses me off cuz a bike with over 80k isn't worth **** if I ever decide to sell it down the road. I guess the upside is I don't have to worry about how many miles I put on it for the next 50k or so...not that I ever cared about mileage anyway.
________
Unique bowl

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
That sucks, I know how you feel, my first bike I bought in California and there were a few typos on the VIN number I noticed when I tried to get it registered in another State, that was a pain in the ***. I would try talking to a manager at the DMV.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
This happened to my wife and I when we bought her first scooter. After all was said and done, we planned to just add 100 miles per year on the registration till the numbers caught up. Of course we didn't have such a large amount to make up like you do. It end up we sold the scoot within a year of buying it and the new owners understood the situation and were going to do the same thing.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Squid

netav8tor is on a distinguished road
If possible. Go to a different location tell them you have been trying to resolve this since you noticed the error. Tell them you spoke to someone when you first got the wrong title, and you have been waiting for their response. If they then claim you waited and you first noticed this error now tell them they are mistaken, and they must be referring to your recent follow up. Good luck, and this has about 1% chance of working.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Ahh, another reason DMV has armed security...
Old 04-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Squid

C-weed is on a distinguished road
I've had similar issues at my DVM too.
Damn pencil pushers!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 AM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll pay more attention to the title when buying my next used bike.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
when we transfer ownership the title is signed off along with the mileage. if you do the same get a copy of that & the title showing the error. you may need to climb up the management chain ... be the squeaky wheel & i'd bet they'd change it.

if not keep the paperwork showing the error. as a buyer if i saw a title with a changed mileage note that you could show proof of it wouldn't bother me.

tim
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
The upside is for a higher mileage bike, you shouldn't have to pay a high tax on it...unless they taxed you on what you payed...then your screwed...I'm no help what-so-ever....

Damn, DMV
Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Back Marker

I'm not really worried about it since I plan on keeping the bike. It just pissed me off when they told me too bad about our mistake. I'd jump through hoops if it was a bike I didn't like so much and planned on getting rid of when I get the new one.

Thanks for all the replies and advice though
________
HARMED BY AVANDIA

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
When the correct customer comes to you and wants your hawk, he won't care what milage the title says, the physical condition of the bike will make the sale for you.

I sold a BMW with tons of miles on it for what I had in it, plus a little more, because the buyer knew enough about the marque and about the condition of the bike to appreciate the maintenance that had gone into it's life span.

Lots of bikes out there with less than 10K on 'em and are at the end of their usable life because they got beat to death by an abuser. What are they worth?

You posted at 2:12 AM ? You losing sleep over this? Got a little OCD working there?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
just got my title in for my 2006 suzuki drz400sm and for some reason they put kawasaki as brand. i know kawasaki has the same thing basically but on the title app and reg it says suzuki... WTF? stupid monkey.

you have to love the screw ups in the gov.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
You posted at 2:12 AM ? You losing sleep over this? Got a little OCD working there?
LOL...no I work nights and get off at 2am and on the weekends I keep pretty much the same schedule.
________
MEDICAL CANNABIS SEEDS

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Commiseration here. I myself leave for work at 3AM but many was the morning dark split asunder by my pipes singing the psalm of street sport on the commute. Pimps, puntas and pony cars know me by my song.

Too much alliteration here? Sorry
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, 83,000 miles... would you take $500 for it? :j/k