General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hard to say goodbye!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Hard to say goodbye!

Well my friends, unfortunately I will be moving on from my favorite bike, the VTR 1000.

I decided to leave Biketoberfest in Daytona early, at about 8:00pm, on Saturday, October 16. Sadly for me, apparently a drunk drunker decided to leave at the same time to avoid getting caught by the police. As I got about twelve miles outside of Daytona, near Deland, I had to slow down and stop on I-4 because a major accident occurred about mile down the road. All of sudden, I catch a glimpse of a car barreling down on me in my rear view mirror. Had no out, a concrete barrier on the left due to construction, and parked cars on the right stopped for the accident! Grabbed the clutch, let up off the brake, and thanked God for a wonderful life! This clown was going about 70 when he hit me. Bike rim was split in two, my mechanic is keeping the rim because he said he has never seen a bike hit so hard, and the VTR was destroyed. The car in front of me was also totaled. Luckily, by the grace of God, I did not end up in between them. The driver was arrested on the scene, and will be dealing with me again in the future. I'm still alive, because I was wearing my full body armor, and helmet. Recovering well, and will be purchasing a newer model Honda in the near future.

I'm telling my story because I have many good friends on this site, and I want you to appreciate every day! Also, know that you can be doing everything right on your bike, and still be a victim of an accident. Wear your gear! Please, never drive drunk, because you can affect many lives with your bad decision. I'll be checking in on the site periodically, and want to thank each of you for your help and advice over the years. Stay safe my friends, and Ride On!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Wow, very happy to hear you're alive and recovering well. I wish you many happy miles on whatever new Honda you end up on.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
Glad you're OK Bad Boy.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:19 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Helluva story man. Glad ya made it through and hope you're not laid up with any serious injuries right now. That is my number one fear while riding my bike.

Let us know when you get another bike. Interested to see whatcha get.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
I am so glad that you are alive. Bikes come and go but the riders are irreplaceable. I still wear the scar from my own run in with a drunk. Please people, don't drink and drive.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Badboy01
Wear your gear! Please, never drive drunk, because you can affect many lives with your bad decision.
Originally Posted by Big_Jim59
Please people, don't drink and drive.
This message is vehicled thousands of times every day. Yet, brain dead morons keep getting behind the wheel of their cars thinking they are better and smarter than everyone else. And now, to add to the pleasure of fighting bad drivers and drunk drivers, we now have to add ******* texters. This is another bunch of low life's we have to deal with when we ride. These latter ones scare the hell out of me.

I will not apologize for my outrage. You drink and drive, or text while you drive, you're a ******* moron who deserves to be shot. I have no respect what so ever for you.

Badboy, I wish you courage and a prompt recovery. If something like this ever happened to me, I would probably never saddle a bike again. Someone was definitely watching over you on that day.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

Please fergive any mishpellings, but I'm half in a bag and texting thish while driving. I jusht wanted to shay I gree wiv Jack Frash a million, billion precent and I love you guys.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you're okay, sad to lose a Central Florida Superhawk
Old 05-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Back Marker

Back on the Road Again!

My new ride! Limited Edition, only 500 were made in this paint scheme, Honda CBR 1000RR. Carbon Fender and Exhaust, Power Commander, Vortex Sprockets and Chain, Integrated Turn Signals and Brake Light, plus other goodies that make this bike extremely fast. RIDE ON my friends.....
Attached Thumbnails Hard to say goodbye!-honda-cbr-1000rr-left-sside-view.jpg   Hard to say goodbye!-honda-cbr-1000rr-exhaust-view.jpg   Hard to say goodbye!-honda-cbr1000rr-front-view.jpg  
Old 05-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

Nice. A worthy replacement. I wish you many safe, happy miles aboard your new ride.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
This message is vehicled thousands of times every day. Yet, brain dead morons keep getting behind the wheel of their cars thinking they are better and smarter than everyone else. And now, to add to the pleasure of fighting bad drivers and drunk drivers, we now have to add ******* texters. This is another bunch of low life's we have to deal with when we ride. These latter ones scare the hell out of me.

I will not apologize for my outrage. You drink and drive, or text while you drive, you're a ******* moron who deserves to be shot. I have no respect what so ever for you.
couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
MotoGP

My new ride! Limited Edition, only 500 were made in this paint scheme, Honda CBR 1000RR. Carbon Fender and Exhaust, Power Commander, Vortex Sprockets and Chain, Integrated Turn Signals and Brake Light, plus other goodies that make this bike extremely fast. RIDE ON my friends.....
a more than suitable replacement!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Nice bike! Hope you didn't have to pay a cent for it. Enjoy the ride!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM
MotoGP

Nice bike Badboy. Take care of it and it'll take care of you. Those clip-ons look awful low btw.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:37 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Nice bike Badboy. Take care of it and it'll take care of you. Those clip-ons look awful low btw.
totally agree, I think it's time for a set of apehangers!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Back Marker

Appreciate it Wolverine. You know I already have started to make this bike my own by ordering parts. This forum always keeps you on the right path!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Back Marker

Thank you for the kind words all of my friends. Catch you on the road...
Old 05-03-2016, 11:08 PM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
Rough story but glad you are back on a bike. Been where you have been with my partner that got hit.

Dont disappear, so us your mods to the new rocket.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:44 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Really glad to hear you're ok, that's what counts. I've been there. Congrats on the new bike too, she's a beauty.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Back Marker

Updated!

Bike with my personal touches. New OEM lower belly pan, per Wolverine! Plus new left mirror, and headlight circuits updated. Bike is fast, sounds great, and ready to tackle some Florida roads if I can get around the rain this weekend. Take care of the VTR's! Still miss mine....
Attached Thumbnails Hard to say goodbye!-left-side-bike-may-21-2-.jpg   Hard to say goodbye!-updated-ii-right-side-may-21.jpg  
Old 08-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Back Marker

St. Croix By-Way, Wisconsin

Bike and I are up North in Minnesota, and I'm checking in with my favorite forum! Just completed a ride on the famous St. Croix By-way in Wisconsin from Taylor Falls to Pepin, Wisconsin and enjoyed the scenery, roads, and good people you meet along the way. Local riders suggested I hit Duluth, MN next. I'll be home to Florida in fall. Miss my VTR and the best motorcycle forum by far! Ride on...
Attached Thumbnails Hard to say goodbye!-st-croix-2.jpg  
Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 AM
MotoGP

Wow! Did you ride it that far?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Back Marker

Wow! Did you ride it that far?
Wolverine! Good to hear from you man. Had the bike shipped since I am up here for work commitments for a little while. Glad you are safe and still riding hard my friend.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:13 PM
MotoGP

Now that you've had a few months with the new ride, what's the verdict??
I think it would be really cool to have that opportunity. You get to explore a different part of the country. One of the reasons I bought another bike was in hopes to stretch my legs and get a bit further away in my neck of the woods.

I'm really getting comfortable on the Duc. I've ground 1/8" off the corner of the centerstand with my wife on the back . Seems it touches pretty easy with her back there. I've also managed to touch my AStar boot toe slider (for the first time ever). This bike doesn't have the peg feelers I was used to. Suffice to say, we're getting well acquainted
Hard to say goodbye!-dsc01887.jpg
Old 08-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Back Marker

Wolverine, the CBR1000 is faster, lighter, quicker on the braking, and a pure adrenaline rush when you hit the throttle. I easily get the front wheel off the ground in first gear. My CBR also has a few added mods, so it can run with the all the "Big Dogs."

The thing I miss most from the VTR is the ride and the torque. Nothing felt like my VTR when I was on it! Hard to explain, but you fellow VTR riders know what I mean. I am happy that I owned the VTR prior the CBR, which may sound backwards to the majority of my friends here. It taught me to be a more careful and diligent rider. If I started with the CBR first, I would have been dangerous.

Agreed, great to be able to ride in another part of the country. Get to see and learn different riding methods, and also run completely different routes as compared to Florida. Lot more curves and hill regions here, so I am developing new riding skills. Glad you are getting use to the DUC and that your wife also rides! My wife won't go near my bike, but she will never make me give up something I love. She did try to get me off after the accident, but we know how we love our rides.

Keep riding all my friends, and continue to keep in touch with your forum friends here on the site....
Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Back Marker

Reminiscing about my HAWK that was totaled last year around this time by a drunk driver. Attached a few photos of her after the crash, taken with tears in my eyes. Notice the rear tire frame is completely bent. Bike took most of the impact.

Enjoying the CBR1000RR, and still up North so preparing her for winter. Purchased a battery tender, stabilizer for fuel, and bike cover. Temp. is 44 degrees here today, and will be 68 on Friday? Hopeful to get one last good ride in before winter and hitting the sleds.

Missed Biketoberfest for the first time in many years, and look forward to returning to Florida in the near future!
Attached Thumbnails Hard to say goodbye!-superhawk-crash-i.jpg   Hard to say goodbye!-superhawk-crash-2.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 05:11 PM
MotoGP

a pure adrenaline rush when you hit the throttle. I easily get the front wheel off the ground in first gear.
My hawk will easily get the front wheel up in 1st or 2nd, as will the new machine. Really have to be careful with the throttle on the mutley in those gears. The front will come up very very quickly!

It's starting to get cold around these parts too. I just returned from a mini-vaca in the Finger Lakes NY. Snow had covered the ground this morning. Left the bike @ home for that very reason. A shame too, I just mounted up Sena's on our helmets.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Squid

sabermammoth is on a distinguished road
Every time I get on a bike its in the back of my mind. My friend was killed on his. That's why I don't ride nearly as much as I used to. I am starting to get back into it of late. Bought another bike 2 days ago to fiddle with over the winter (85 Honda v65 magna).

Sorry I am rambling. I wish the best of luck in healing.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM
MotoGP

Soooo, I have some input for ya! The shop recently bought an '07 1k. 2007-honda-cbr1000rr
I serviced it... took it for a ride... holy frackin' go fast bat man!!!!! This example is a damn fast bike! It has a bazzaz engine management system on it w/ quick shifter and adjustable traction control. Nice unit!! Leo Vince pipe, motion pro 1/4 turn throttle, yadda yadda... I was very impressed. Low speed fueling was 100% spot on, and the rest of the tach was smooth.

So, if you are looking for a tuner give it @ least a thought.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Back Marker

Latest editions to the Limited Edition CBR1000RR. Added Saddlemen GP-V1 seat, plus Galfer Wave Rear Rotor. I plan to update front rotors during the off season once current brake pads are worn. Also contacted Taylormade in order to purchase and replace LED brake running lights for the fender eliminator. Still in Minnesota but plan to return to my Florida home permanently next spring! Looking forward to this...

Limited Edition Black, Vortex rear sets, Taylor Made carbon fiber under-tail, Fender eliminator, custom LED brake / running light, Carbon fiber rear hugger, braided brake lines, Hot Bodies carbon fiber exhaust, Graphics - Awesome Graphics UK, Carbon Fiber Tail-Cowl, RK Chain, Dynojet Power V Commander
Attached Thumbnails Hard to say goodbye!-20170801_204514.jpg   Hard to say goodbye!-20170801_203902.jpg  

Last edited by Badboy01; 08-05-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Additional MODS:

Quick Reply: Hard to say goodbye!