General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Got my first speeding ticket going to Mid Ohio Sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Back Marker

Tebs is on a distinguished road
Got my first speeding ticket going to Mid Ohio Sunday.

Gorgeous morning and everything feeling good headed to the superbike race and Mid Ohio .....until the disco lights came on in the mirrors.

State Trooper (very nice btw) said he got me at 102 (post speed limit is 70) but wrote 100 mph on the ticket. He said its 4pts and MANDATORY court date - not looking good for our hero's wallet nor insurance rates. Anyone get popped at a similar speed and want to share court experiences?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Bummer!

Well, at least you made it to the race. I missed again this year due to workload..... maybe next year.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Why should your insurance go up ? Are you planning on telling them or changing insurance company ? If not, we'll keep your secret safe.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Why should your insurance go up ? Are you planning on telling them or changing insurance company ? If not, we'll keep your secret safe.
many (most?) US states report moving violations to insurance companies..and most insurance companies check your driving record at policy renewal time.
I won't claim to know the inside of it.. but bottom line,,, insurance company often know about moving violations that the policyholder did not reveal, and not just at changing providers.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
If your record is otherwise clean.. go to court, ask to take drivers safety course and deferred adjudication for the charge. You'll pay court costs and traffic school fees that will about equal or exceed the cost of the ticket and court alone.. but the points should not go on you DL.for the charge.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
many (most?) US states report moving violations to insurance companies..and most insurance companies check your driving record at policy renewal time.
I won't claim to know the inside of it.. but bottom line,,, insurance company often know about moving violations that the policyholder did not reveal, and not just at changing providers.
Thanks Eric. For 4 points, I'd just pay the ticket. Unless you only have 4 points left. Then that's another ball game...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
102 is very easy on a VTR, that's just a twist of the wrist in a passing situation.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Back Marker

Yeah I was able to slow down from 136. Thanks for the advice Eric I have no points on my license and I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Do what I do, tell them you are hiring an attorney and wish to schedule a jury trial. They hate this because it ties the cop up and they know you may win. Let them think about this for a minute and ask if there are any options. They will say "just pay the fine". Tell them you would consider if only there was a way to keep it off your clear record. They will in most cases tell you they believe the judge will agree to this. Pay it. I just did this in GA. They were good to work with and fair.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Dude if you can get traffic school jump on it. In CA anything over 85 rules out TC, 100 gets you impounded!!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Back Marker

I appreciate the heads up and will ask for traffic court in lieu of points. I dont care about the money so much because, as we all know, when you get one ticket there is a second one lurking close behind. (DANG I need a track day!)