General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bike Is Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Squid

VTR Time-Travel is on a distinguished road
Bike Is Stolen

Had my Superhawk stolen. It's been really a hard pill to swallow. Just finished replacing all the parts including fairing, tires etc. it was parked under my bedroom window. Cops were 99% sure I will never see it again. It is very sad after owning it for a long time and work and emotions I have invested in it. I am hoping they crash and burn!!!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:19 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Sorry to here that, that really sucks... no other wards to describe that.
Where is it that you live? you don't have to be detailed...
Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Squid

Kansas City, mo
Old 10-09-2016, 01:44 AM
Back Marker

Pidge is on a distinguished road
Hope it comes back.

Sorry for your loss. I have a 1970 CB 750 that was stolen in 1979. Got a call from the cops about a year later, I was flabbergasted. Got it back with minimal damage. Don't give up hope.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Perhaps giving a detailed discription of your ride on here, may help you out in finding it.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Perhaps giving a detailed discription of your ride on here, may help you out in finding it.
This is a good idea. Also include specific dings in the tank or scratches in the paint, like "scratch on right side if fairing above the radiator in the shape of the Star Trek Enterprise". Just in case parts start showing up on eBay or Craigslist, we know what to look for.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:52 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Man that always stinks. I have had several bikes stolen and it never gets any better.

I always request from anyone who has this happen on here a description on how it was stolen. Was it always parked there? Covered? Locked? etc. I think this would help others to avoid such a fate or to better understand high risk situations.

I have always believed a cover is the #1 form of security. No one steals what they cant even see. (mostly)

I recently bought 4 of these tracker tiles. They are pretty amazing. Tiny and self contained, you can put one anywhere to track you bike from your cell phone.

For $25 its worth its weight in gold.

Last edited by smokinjoe73; 10-09-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Squid

My bike is a 1998 fully stock. The left fairing had a bit of primer on it, but it was completely stock
The area I live in has always been considered very low crime. This was my downfall. I tried to always keep it covered, but there were times I didn't cover it after a ride. The city has a big item pick up and lots of people come into the area and scavenge. I have to admit that I had the feeling someone was checking it out. I should have made it much less visible and difficult to steal and that is my fault. Two things happened that night. Someone turned off the security light and most importantly put our dog in the basement. He always gives me a heads up. Looking back I should have changed it up.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Superstock

Fastguy59 is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss, I hate thieves.....
Old 10-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Squid

It makes me very angry for someone to plot against you to steal from you! Especially something that I have put so much into and received so much pleasure from!
Old 10-10-2016, 06:43 AM
MotoGP

Letting go of that anger was one of the most difficult things I have had to do. But for your own sake you must.

One of my stolen bikes was a prized race bike that I was on track to win a championship. It was in my van with tools, warmers, leathers, camping gear and everything.

The whole van was stolen. (they must have seen me load).

That one really hurt.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Letting go of that anger was one of the most difficult things I have had to do. But for your own sake you must.

One of my stolen bikes was a prized race bike that I was on track to win a championship. It was in my van with tools, warmers, leathers, camping gear and everything.

The whole van was stolen. (they must have seen me load).

That one really hurt.
Oh no. Ouch!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:10 AM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Time Travel... I'm sorry you have been ripped off by a scumbag and hope you get your bike back.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss! It hurts to lose something we put so much time and devotion into....
Old 10-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Why are police so lazy in the states... In Japan they will search every possible end for it. Keep a lookout on evay and craigslist for parts.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Squid

They basically laughed at me when I asked them about the possibility of getting it back
Old 10-22-2016, 07:25 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RedStormJ
Why are police so lazy in the states... In Japan they will search every possible end for it. Keep a lookout on evay and craigslist for parts.
Because that's not what the police state is concerned about.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Exactly. The police are only concerned about what they are told to be concerned about at that time. It's all about politics.

Oh, so there has been a rash of vehicles stolen in this area? Well, lets make the people happy by making a task force to combat that. It will run out of funding in a few months, but at least people will think we care.

Such B.S.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Superstock

Dude I got arrested my last time driving in the states for no liscence. I had one.... They said all my tickets I paid over the last two years had not been paid...... They laughed at me when I reported my cellphone gone with the gps location of my phone.... They just had to go get it. I mean its not a bike but wtf. I hate em. Id comb for it and if you find it do what I used to. Take all their **** too. Torch what you cant carry.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:07 AM
SuperBike

Man that always stinks. I have had several bikes stolen and it never gets any better.

I always request from anyone who has this happen on here a description on how it was stolen. Was it always parked there? Covered? Locked? etc. I think this would help others to avoid such a fate or to better understand high risk situations.

I have always believed a cover is the #1 form of security. No one steals what they cant even see. (mostly)

I recently bought 4 of these tracker tiles. They are pretty amazing. Tiny and self contained, you can put one anywhere to track you bike from your cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0z3fSo3XmY

For $25 its worth its weight in gold.
"No one was arrested" WTF! Oh yeah police state.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:42 PM
MotoGP

No one arrested but bike returned is the moral of the story for me.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:55 PM
SuperBike

No one arrested but bike returned is the moral of the story for me.
Good that he got his bike back. With no cost to the thieves I don't see any deterrent. Maybe he decided not to press charges, that would be his prerogative and his alone. If that is the case then so be it.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:03 PM
MotoGP

I shudder to think what I would do if I caught someone who stole my bike. I once thought I saw my stolen bike in Brooklyn going the other way on the BQE. I changed directions and ran the bike off the road (mostly safely) and told the guy to get away from the bike.

Only one number of the vin was different and I apologized but he was ready to make a run for it. I would just want the bike back and for $25 and a free app the tile is well worth that.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by VTR Time-Travel
Had my Superhawk stolen. It's been really a hard pill to swallow. Just finished replacing all the parts including fairing, tires etc. it was parked under my bedroom window. Cops were 99% sure I will never see it again. It is very sad after owning it for a long time and work and emotions I have invested in it. I am hoping they crash and burn!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Squid

Got my bike back!!! There's lots of damage but the engine is fine

Old 08-15-2017, 08:39 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Awesome! Congrats on that recovery.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Back Marker

AlanS is on a distinguished road
... Two things happened that night. Someone turned off the security light and most importantly put our dog in the basement. He always gives me a heads up.
Where's the Security light switch? Check with the manager, then your neighbors to see if one of them switched it off for some reason. Does it get turned off randomly, from time to time? Or was this a one-time thing?

What kind of dog is it that let's a stranger put him in the basement without making a commotion, especially if he 'always' gives you a 'heads up'. Pretty fishy.

I think your girl friend stole your bike. LOL. (Just kidding).

Do you have a 'friend' who might have stolen it? Anybody 'admire' it recently?

Alan

Last edited by AlanS; 08-16-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Superstock

congrats

You finally got it back!
Old 08-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Keep us updated on the rebuild and be sure to post some before and after photos. Congrats on the recovery.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:52 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Happy for you if you are. Strange after close to a year to find it, would be nice if you had details of the find.

I'm on the fence with this one. Not sure I'd want to find it after such a long time since you've probably been covered by the insurance by now. Also the fact that like most of the people on here countless hours have been spent on our bikes, I would go crazy seeing someone else destroy this work of art.

Quick Reply: Bike Is Stolen