General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Best source for Mosfet/non mosfet R/R

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Squid

superhawk71 is on a distinguished road
Best source for Mosfet/non mosfet R/R

Hey, I was seeing if anyone knew the best source to get a new R/R?
If I can get a reasonable cheap new one vs Fleabay then why not.
Im kinda leary of buying electronics used offf of ebay ya know.
Thanks ahead of tiime.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Squid

anyone>??
Will this one work?
RMSTATOR items - Get great deals on YAMAHA YZF-R6 YZF R6 STATOR GENERATOR 1999 TO 2002 items on eBay Stores!

Anyone have a source for a new rectifier? Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
This... SuperHawk Forum - Search Forums plus "rectifier Mosfet"

Gives you this as the best reply... https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...sfet+rectifier

In this thread, with a kind of "Oh look, it might contain answers kind of name..." you find the most comprehensive list of good MOSFET R/R's that can be used on a VTR... It also gives you info on why a used Mosfet is better than a new non Mosfet R/R...

If you take that info, make a search or two on ebay, and still cant come up with an answer... Well... Your best bet is to go to the nearest dealership and buy the lister R/R's new over disk... But I'm going to be nice today... I'm going to spoonfeed you the answer...

One of these two search strings will on ebay give you the answer... Each gives you around 20-30 hit's on any given time, with a few 2-3 false hits...

yamaha r1 (regulator, rectifier) -r6 -(1968, 1990, 98, 1998, 99, 1999, 00, 2000, 01, 2001, 02, 2002)

kawasaki (regulator, rectifier) (zx10, zx14) -(servo, mount, bracket, harness, gas) -(88, 1988, 04, 2004, zx7)

If you need more help than this, you are beyond the abilities of a forum, go pay a professional therapist or mechanic...

Last edited by Tweety; 05-26-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Don't even get Tweety started!!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Tweety
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
This... SuperHawk Forum - Search Forums plus "rectifier Mosfet"

Gives you this as the best reply... https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...sfet+rectifier

In this thread, with a kind of "Oh look, it might contain answers kind of name..." you find the most comprehensive list of good MOSFET R/R's that can be used on a VTR... It also gives you info on why a used Mosfet is better than a new non Mosfet R/R...

If you take that info, make a search or two on ebay, and still cant come up with an answer... Well... Your best bet is to go to the nearest dealership and buy the lister R/R's new over disk... But I'm going to be nice today... I'm going to spoonfeed you the answer...

One of these two search strings will on ebay give you the answer... Each gives you around 20-30 hit's on any given time, with a few 2-3 false hits...

yamaha r1 (regulator, rectifier) -r6 -(1968, 1990, 98, 1998, 99, 1999, 00, 2000, 01, 2001, 02, 2002)

kawasaki (regulator, rectifier) (zx10, zx14) -(servo, mount, bracket, harness, gas) -(88, 1988, 04, 2004, zx7)

If you need more help than this, you are beyond the abilities of a forum, go pay a professional therapist or mechanic...
Listen Tweaky. I asked if anyone had any knowledge finding a good priced new Mosfet R/R. or second choice r6. By me stating that is shows that I have read up on some of the threads.... I guess in your haste to be lame you overlooked that thought. Ive done alot of reading up and used the search button alot; however, show me a post where it lists the following
Where is a good part supplier that has a reasonably priced new R1 R/R?
Whether an Xv1600 R/R will work?
I know that your pumping running the Mosfet but alot of peeps here have the r6 r/r, are they all wrong in using them too?
Actually Tweaky.........Its simple.. If you cant post with respect then dont post.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk71
Listen Tweaky. I asked if anyone had any knowledge finding a good priced new Mosfet R/R. or second choice r6. By me stating that is shows that I have read up on some of the threads.... I guess in your haste to be lame you overlooked that thought. Ive done alot of reading up and used the search button alot; however, show me a post where it lists the following
I know that your pumping running the Mosfet but alot of peeps here have the r6 r/r, are they all wrong in using them too?
Actually Tweaky.........Its simple.. If you cant post with respect then dont post.

Wow, you just sealed your fate on this forum. You may as well leave now.

Tweety, not Tweaky, gave you all the info you need. Where to get them, Ebay. Which ones to search for. On second thought, i have more to say. If you had bothered to used the 1/2 of a brain cell that you currently are in posession of, you could easily go to google, hit shopping, and type in any of the years that Tweety had provided to you, and you would have found a 2004 Yamaha R1 regulator for $78.95. I won't spoon feed who was selling it. Spend some energy and find out for yourself.

Your ability to search on this forum is OBVIOUSLY lacking, since there are multiple threads about R/Rs, and where to get the connectors to hook them up.

I've even posted, multiple times now, which R/R I am running, since it is out of the ordinary, but I'll be damned if I tell you what it is now, after your little rant there, completely disrespectful and ucalled for. It is not Tweety's fault that you are unable to comprehend and follow what he wrote for you. You are the reason that people like Tweety stop sharing information with the rest of us. I pray that you get a blue screen of death on your internet machine and are unable to get back on this site.

Welcome to OUR community, now get out of it squid.

Last edited by Erik S.; 05-26-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
Its simple.. If you cant post with respect then dont post.
I think TWEETY did post with all due respect. You . . . not so much.

If you really have searched this forum, you'll quickly notice how helpful Tweety is, and how he, over and over again, answers questions for all the noobs and old farts alike, even if it is with his patented form of sarcasm included. He's taught me a lot, and saved me a ton of money by giving me the knowledge I need to fix things myself. He doesn't have to do any of this, you know? I mean, Jeez, he answered your question. I, however, looked at your original post and yawned, cursed under my breath, and moved to the next thread. Which one is "worse"?

I'd change your user name and try again. We really are a helpful bunch.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 PM
MotoGP

Well, the reason for using R6 R/R's is that some year R6 and R1 have the exact same part... It's not Mosfet since R6 has no year with Mosfet (2011?)... But a higher spec than the VTR so a decent choice... A lot better than a stock R/R, a lot less reliable than a Mosfet... And about $10 cheaper... So, for the one's using them, keep them... For people doing the swap... Well, "wrong" might be a bit strong word, but a Mosfet is a much better choice and bang-for-buck...

No, i have no info on the Xv1600 in that list... Feel free to add info if you can prove it to be Mosfet...

If it will work? It's an R/R, so yes i will work... Will it be plug-n-play? No idea...

But before we continue... Since I'm apparently impolite... Where in your two posts above me do you ask about the "Xv1600", since you are in your post implying that I answered with info not containing that answer...

I would gladly have answered that specific question, if you had asked it...

Also, if you feel the need to have a new R/R... Do like i suggested... Go to the dealership and purchase whatever from the list of verified easy swaps in that thread... It will probably cost you twice as much used, and it has the exact same life expectancy as a used one since the Mosfet's aren't "ageing" with heatcycles, but it will be new...

The one's you linked to, cost around $50-60 for cheap chinese knock-off's for "old" designs for R/R... A decent used Mosfet R/R from my search list ranges from $40 to $80... My choiche is pretty obvious... Your's, well, I'll leave that up to you to decide and evaluate...

My answer had all the info you needed in terms of what to look for, and suggestion where... I was sacastic (well deserved, the way I see it...) But not disrespecful... Your follow up post is borderline insulting and decidedly disrespectful...

So, my advice to you... If you can't be respectful when posting, at least be smart enough to refrain from trying to teach me manners... I prefer to learn that from people with manners...

Oh... And BTW, if you had bothered to read my sigline, I now come with a warning label...
Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i just burnt through my second rm stator regulator. first one i think was my fault for not bolting it into the sub frame, second one might have died due to heat issues under my tail, but it lasted about 4000 km. great warranty from them though they took care of everything when the first one popped
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Squid

aklbeach is on a distinguished road
overheating R/R

Hey guys I have a 1999 R1. I have had my fare share of electrical issues with this bike. I have replaced a lot of the wires but have not put a whole new wiring harness on it yet. Recently I replaced the stator and R/R at the same time and it seemed like the issue was fixed. I was getting 13.6- . 8 volts at idle and around 14.5 at 5k rpm. The RR was getting hot again but i figured it was fine. After about an hour worth of driving the RR must have failed again because the battery started to die again. I later tested the system after I had to get towed home and sure enough the RR failed again the stator was producing plenty of ac voltage. I think 20 Volts across all 3 leads at idle and around 70 at 5k rpm. Do you think a mofset RR would do the trick. I also bought a 40 cfm computer fan i'm going to mount on the RR to help cool it. Any other suggestions would help too. I also Check all the continuity on the wires from the stator and the RR and to the battery. didn't find any more burnt wires. Thanks for the help in advance
Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by aklbeach
Hey guys I have a 1999 R1. I have had my fare share of electrical issues with this bike. I have replaced a lot of the wires but have not put a whole new wiring harness on it yet. Recently I replaced the stator and R/R at the same time and it seemed like the issue was fixed. I was getting 13.6- . 8 volts at idle and around 14.5 at 5k rpm. The RR was getting hot again but i figured it was fine. After about an hour worth of driving the RR must have failed again because the battery started to die again. I later tested the system after I had to get towed home and sure enough the RR failed again the stator was producing plenty of ac voltage. I think 20 Volts across all 3 leads at idle and around 70 at 5k rpm. Do you think a mofset RR would do the trick. I also bought a 40 cfm computer fan i'm going to mount on the RR to help cool it. Any other suggestions would help too. I also Check all the continuity on the wires from the stator and the RR and to the battery. didn't find any more burnt wires. Thanks for the help in advance
also I looked through a lot of the posts its easy to find a stock replacement but I still haven't found one that actually says its mofset. if someone could post which one would work or what they are using it would be helpful
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by aklbeach
Step One: Buy $5 worth of multimeter... Set it to measure resistance (Ohm)... Measure any and all parts of the bike that looks like a cable with one lead on the battery terminals... If you find any part that has connection and also resistance, FIX IT!

Step Two, but a Mosfet R/R...

Step Three, drink beer...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
yamaha r1 (regulator, rectifier) -r6 -(1968,
I keep searching for a 1968 r1 rectifier and can't find anything....... Curse you Tweety......
Old 06-08-2011, 12:52 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
I keep searching for a 1968 r1 rectifier and can't find anything....... Curse you Tweety......
I think you missed that "-" there...
Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Squid

Step One: Buy $5 worth of multimeter... Set it to measure resistance (Ohm)... Measure any and all parts of the bike that looks like a cable with one lead on the battery terminals... If you find any part that has connection and also resistance, FIX IT!

Step Two, but a Mosfet R/R...

Step Three, drink beer...
trust me i have more than a 5 dollar multi meter and i have tested all of the wires at least once. and replaced a bunch of them. but maybe i have reburned another out. I burned up another brand new rectifier in about 2 minutes. that is unless the part was bad right off the bat.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Back Marker

CascadeRider is on a distinguished road
This thread made my day. Lmao.