General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Apparently a R/R replacement is common.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:57 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Apparently a R/R replacement is common.

It might not be the thing that solves the issues I am currently having but all fingers point to it regardless if testing it proves other wise.

I found burnt wire today coming out of my r/R and spliced in new ones and added new connectors.

My question after looking on eBay and seeing a new one for a 98 for 80 bucks and an after market one that looks simular and has the same connections is what is the most bang for my buck. I don't want to spend a lot but will if I can. If I can get one for 19.99 shipped vs 80.oo then I am down for the lower price.

I am no expert on this particular bike and am turning to you for some advice. I haven't done a price shopping g at the local honda store because they have a 20 percent mark up amd only carry OEM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:21 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I bought a used mosfet zx10 r/r on ebay for about $30 shipped. It was a super cheap way to get into a mosfet. Then i bought $20 worth of connectors and wired it up.

You can see pics in my build thread.

The r/r thread will give all the different usable part numbers. I went with the zx10 r/r because it wasn't as known as the r1 r/r, so it was cheaper.

James
Old 08-29-2015, 08:56 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons
I bought a used mosfet zx10 r/r on ebay for about $30 shipped. It was a super cheap way to get into a mosfet. Then i bought $20 worth of connectors and wired it up.

You can see pics in my build thread.

The r/r thread will give all the different usable part numbers. I went with the zx10 r/r because it wasn't as known as the r1 r/r, so it was cheaper.

James
I have gone with me ZX 6 RR FH016aa mosfet on a few VTRs and usually get them shipped for around $25

I either use the eastern beaver VRR kiss or make my own using the same weatherproof connectors and fuse assembly and wire the VRR output directly to the battery and add a secondary battery ground cable Plus heatsink paste on the back of the VRR and other tweaks

Coincidentally I thought I had an issue within the last week or so with either the stator or VRR and it turned out I believe though I haven't finished testing to be a cracked case shorting out my auxiliary USB dual 2 amp power port
Old 08-29-2015, 10:33 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
M. Link, if you are tight on cash, I have a stock R/R (later model finned version) you can have. Just pay for shipping. It has been tested and is working normally. Just remember, it's not a MOSFET type and eventually will fail. It could be a few weeks after or even several years, but you will still need to replace it with a MOSFET unit.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:23 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I love this forum! So much generousity!!!

James
Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
M. Link, if you are tight on cash, I have a stock R/R (later model finned version) you can have. Just pay for shipping. It has been tested and is working normally. Just remember, it's not a MOSFET type and eventually will fail. It could be a few weeks after or even several years, but you will still need to replace it with a MOSFET unit.
How much to ship to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma? Right now money is that tight and the hawk is my daily commuter to and from work. I plan on getting the MOSFET unit in the near future.