Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Anyone as stupid as me ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
I don't feel you adequately addressed the allegation of a love of burnouts.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I thought I did. Burnouts are mainly for drunken fat Harley rednecks trying to impress other like people.

OR for Motogp/ WSBK race winners. So I guess those are the 2 categories which should make it easy to figure out. Its a misuse of a bike. Kinda like if you can't be a good rider you can do that to get attention.

But I aint judging.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

Yeah, but do you love them?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:57 PM
MotoGP

Hahaha
Old 12-15-2014, 08:07 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
MotoGP misuses bikes. People just running around in loops for the sake of fun?! These should be for economical transportation only, and Superhawks should only be used to deliver babies. If you're using them for heathenish pursuits of happiness you should be ashamed to call yourself part of humanity's progress. Also, sometimes an aluminum can is the perfect shim for your BMW even if it is just an aluminum can.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Back Marker

jefejrs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RoadManiac
Just wondering if someone did this also

last year i had a puncture a really tiny (2mm) puncture on my gsxr but that tyre
was nearly new and quite expensive (dragonsupercorsa)
so instead of buying a new rear tire i just put a bicycle repair patch on with rubber glue on the inside of the tyre and its complety leak free and safe because even when it leaks it stays hard for about a day
I thought anything past 4 hours you were supposed to call your doctor? Zing!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jefejrs
I thought anything past 4 hours you were supposed to call your doctor? Zing!

@ smokinjoe
a well performed (higher speed) rolling burnout takes skill..... not VERY much i agree especially if you have a stretched rear then its just let the clutch out and go but with the hawk its tricky, and a grippy race tyre on the rear and a normal tyre on the front doesnt make it easier..... the more you burn the hotter it gets and subsequently more grippy and then it wants to wheely real bad
Old 12-17-2014, 09:43 AM
MotoGP

So that is what you are telling yourself? Skill? Nevermind the offensiveness to the non moto population (and plenty of bikers too).

Maybe if you learned a usefull skill like track riding or panic braking. You know, use those powers for good instead of evil. Do some charity rides, etc.

We have enough trouble not being hated by the public. This works against out cause so why do it?

And not really buying the skill thing. I race in Loudon & during Laconia bike week the Harly drunkards do tons of burnouts and cant ride their way out or a wet paper bag.

Something you can learn in 10 min is not something to brag about skill wise.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
So that is what you are telling yourself? Skill? Nevermind the offensiveness to the non moto population (and plenty of bikers too).

Maybe if you learned a usefull skill like track riding or panic braking. You know, use those powers for good instead of evil. Do some charity rides, etc.

We have enough trouble not being hated by the public. This works against out cause so why do it?

And not really buying the skill thing. I race in Loudon & during Laconia bike week the Harly drunkards do tons of burnouts and cant ride their way out or a wet paper bag.

Something you can learn in 10 min is not something to brag about skill wise.
You think "panic braking " is a skill? We call that a mistake or lack of skill in my world.

I get it though, you don't think doing a burn out is appropriate.. ok.. Many don't think you riding a "donor cycle" is appropriate. They like you are entitled to your opinion.. There opinions like yours mean little to others who don't approve.

I don't do burn outs... no moral or ethical objection.. I just don't want to subject my bikes to that unneeded stress.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:09 AM
MotoGP

Its like if we were all cowboys. Some cowboys beat their horses and were abusive to them.

Others loved them an knew if you take care of your horse, your horse will take care of you.

I am the 2nd one.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Squid

tillyhawkrider is on a distinguished road
Oh my lord Joe!! You just keep stepping squarely into the sight picture! Yes those cowboys that beat their horses rode fast just not for very far, while those cowboys that loved their horses, well they weren't going any where because they were looking for the right stump to get up on.

Is what you're stating something to the effect of "the full limits of intended usage"?

Or possibly somewhat rational use with in equipment capabilities?

The Dragons Tail runs through my backyard
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM
MotoGP

Tilly, you are figuring burnouts as part of the intended use for the VTR?

Guess that's where we disagree.

Guess you are a burnout guy.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 AM
European Member
Back Marker

also its not like i go out and buy used tyres for doing burnouts, just when a tyre is past the point that i dont feel safe i smoke it, so maybe 2 burnouts in a year
like thats going to effect the engine in anyway
Old 12-19-2014, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

Joe, you think exploding in some cylinders to run loops around a field was the intended use of the organic matter that decomposed into crude oil thousands of years ago was the intention? Or the aluminum extracted from the ground? Or maybe the people who designed the plastic process for the fairings had hopes of it being used for medical equipment or space exploration. Hell, when you look at how many complex resources are put into plastic happy meal toys, we are a long way off from optimizing or even come close to criticizing what we do for recreation I would think...
Old 12-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

A casual examination of a SuperHawk will make it painfully obvious that the intended purpose of this device is for use in rain, snow and ice. Right, joe?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:21 PM
MotoGP

7, your sounding a bit stoned. Happy meals? Are those the muchies? Space medicine? Huh? Pull youself together man.

Yes, all those things were for that purpose. But now since its all a superhawk, in my book burnouts are a sensless abuse of said materials.

And don't get me started on "space exploration". Aren't we supposed to be living on the moon by now? Or did we even ever go there? If so why aren't there commuter trips by now? Crude airplanes turned to commercial airlines. Moon shots haven't even been tried since the 60's? Does that make sense?

C'mon guys. You either are a burnout guy or not. But it is abusive. I will flog my racebikes for days at a time but yeah, going through the gears is meant to be while moving. (IMHO)/YMMV
Old 12-20-2014, 05:37 AM
MotoGP

Close, but it was scotch and not grass

I think I'm a burnout guy, but I've never tried one. Perhaps I'll reform once I get older to a higher bike ethical standard and only use my bike for the intended sport touring. I'll probably put all of the intended oem parts back on too
Old 12-20-2014, 08:03 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Couple years ago the local Kaw dealer had a little bike show/meet and greet in the parking lot. Cones set up for mini races and other events, food etc. Had a burnout competition for guys who's rears were trashed anyway. So picture 4 bikes lighting up the rears and a huge cloud of smoke drifting into the dealership. Fire alarm went off and fire trucks roared up sirens blaring and all. Everyone choking on smoke and laughing their ***'s off. Firemen stuck around and enjoyed the show. Cool vibe
Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Joe, spent any time on a dirt bike?? Tell me you've never sat in a mud puddle and spun a 10 foot high rooster tail!?!?! I practically grew up on dirt and ohh the fun of it. Was a dirt bike designed to sit still and spin tire? I think not (no airflow through the 2 strokes air cooling fins in my case). Did it hurt my bike, no. I wish I knew how many miles I traveled on that thing!
Ya really can be a burnout guy and not be the drunkard Hardly type. Live a little! Do ya ever loft the front wheel just for the fun of it?

And as always VTR1000F's post =

Anyone have a good VTR burnout vid to share??
Old 12-20-2014, 10:17 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Old 12-20-2014, 11:24 AM
European Member
Back Marker

me on the hawk
Old 12-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

RoadManiac, in my narrow view, I don't feel your post was in the proper spirit of the intended use of this forum.

Nice Mad Max style donut, BTW.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Squid

tillyhawkrider is on a distinguished road
Say Joe, I can't afford to be a "burned-out" guy. It maybe fun for some. if so DO IT! You know whatever blows their dress up. Stunting also isn't my thing, but there are those that... I am with you on the pointless abuse issue. I enjoy my hawk, I even like riding it whether anyone notices me or not. I don't need to make a statement with my hawk. It's not a status symbol for me, it's all about the luxury of one of the real pleasures in my life.

The Dragons Tail runs through my backyard