General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

4-3-2-WON

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Sanely riding since 1975!
Squid

Travelinguy1960 is on a distinguished road
Best ever

Thanks for posting this, I found it awhile back and somewhat agreed with the writer.

I have been road riding since I turned 16 in 1975.
Have owned a lot of bikes, raced for the Honda and Suzuki local bike stores when I was 17-22.
Last race bike and season was 1984 on a VFR500F-Interceptor.
Killed em' that summer, next summer got killed by the new 600 Ninja and was done.

Bought my 996 in Summer 1998.
Still the best, most enjoyable and studly bike I have ever had the pleasure to ride daily.
I have never had a car and it rains and is cold here in Seattle in the summer, let alone winter.

To read most of the reviews of the 996 is like brushing my teeth with sandpaper!
They just don't get it!

Give you all an example:
We get a rare 75' day last Sunday, young (18) godson calls me and want's to ride,(he has an 09 Kaw ZX6R).

We ride 125 miles all over the city, stopping here and there to check out women, the views etc.
I'm doing a few wheelies in 3rd in the carpool lane at 60...

We get home and he is tired from shifting 1000 times!
He is an All-American HS Football star and 17!

Meanwhile, I am so fresh that when he leaves, I put on my leather, hit the gas station and ride another 50 miles round trip to get a burger!

We have the best all around riding machine ever created.
Made by Honda.
Yeah, **** breaks some times, pisses me off to!

Best Wishes for you and yours,
Gunny
USMC E-7 Ret.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:19 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
I can say this I have had a bundle of bikes in the past (no sport bikes tho) however in the real world (not track) I have impressed many others on the this hawk and haven't had any overtake me from stop to all out. Not saying with the right gutsy rider they couldn't but they haven't. the hawk poorsa on the juice right from stop steady and pure (add in the nice sound too) . as far as style goes, I like the style of it (looks) if I was to change anything as far as looks goes it would be only to add a full lower bellypan (which IMHO it should have came with factory). The bike may be dated but it still fits in and turns heads...