Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
'trinc'

back in high school (1980) our school got a dozen Heathkit computers to build and start a programming class ( & double as the typing class ). the advanced electronics class was tasked to build these ... 8086/87 computer w/ external DUAL 5 1/4" floppy bays & a basic printer.

these kits were not mobo's & plug in a few cards & a p/s... we built the power supply & cable/harnesses, soldered the components to the main board etc. etc.

when they were completed we were to put a nice etched Heathkit label & a little sticker that we could write our name on. i said screw that and went to a trophy shop and had my own engraved label " TR incorporated " ( my initials ) made.

later in college 1982... i built another, 8088, computer and had a cool label made. the place it was going to go was square so i shortened it to 'TRinc' .

now this was around the time that the early BBS were being setup and to me the term 'login name' was learned. CAPS were a no-no so i used and have used 'trinc' for the last 25 years !

tim

Last edited by trinc; 05-14-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I eat, sleep, and breath University of Michigan Wolverine football. Last national championship was 97.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:51 PM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Wow, sounds like a cool high school, though maybe it didn't seem like it to you back in the day. When I was in high school, same era, we used punch cards.

Originally Posted by trinc
'trinc'

back in high school (1980) our school got a dozen Heathkit computers to build and start a programming class ( & double as the typing class ). the advanced electronics class was tasked to build these ... 8086/87 computer w/ external DUAL 5 1/4" floppy bays & a basic printer.

these kits were not mobo's & plug in a few cards & a p/s... we built the power supply & cable/harnesses, soldered the components to the main board etc. etc.

when they were completed we were to put a nice etched Heathkit label & a little sticker that we could write our name on. i said screw that and went to a trophy shop and had my own engraved label " TR incorporated " ( my initials ) made.

later in college 1982... i built another, 8088, computer and had a cool label made. the place it was going to go was square so i shortened it to 'TRinc' .

now this was around the time that the early BBS were being setup and to me the term 'login name' was learned. CAPS were a no-no so i used and have used 'trinc' for the last 25 years !

tim
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
It's my name..........used on all forums wherever I am. No one has to guess who's writing this.

tyronne
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Phaedrus
Phaedrus is the name Robert Pirsig, genius and author of “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”, gave to his alter-ego, the personality he had prior to the electro-shock treatment at a psychiatric hospital. Before writing about his epic cross-country motorcycle journey with his son Chris, Pirsig reportedly went mad in a search for quality, value and reason. In the story he is forced to struggle with Phaedrus, his earlier self who still resides inside him, and beckons him back into madness.
Good one! What is the prize?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
When I found this site I was living in Daytona, and I am a scuba diver. Hence: Diving in Daytona.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Squid

raptorrider is on a distinguished road
Talking RAPTOR?

Enjoy bird watching, especially birds of prey. This group of birds are known as raptors, hence the name Raptorrider. Unfortunately, most people think raptor means dinosaur. Whatever folks think it means is OK with me, as one thing is for sure i love to climb on and ride this torque monster!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Squid

98blackhawk is on a distinguished road
when i bought this bike and joined the forum,i fully intended to paint my 98 black.then the red color grew on me instead.....
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
I ride a '98 Hawk. Pretty orginal, huh?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Superstock

Zedicus is on a distinguished road
started using it after seeing Zeddicus Zull Zorrander in a book i was reading. back when i was still in HS. dropped a d just in case anyone else used it. pretty much no one does so if you see it on a forum theres a good chance its me. (im on a ton of forums dealing with things with engines and electronics.)

if yur a gamer i sign in as Zedicus or Saico depending on my mood.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
Smile Thumper

Originally Posted by Thumper
Long term 4-stroke dirt bike rider.

Thumper - is a slang for 4-stroke engine
Hey Thumper,

Not trying to be too much of a stickler, but a thumper must also be a single cylinder engine. The name describes the sound...

http://www.motorcyclegiftshop.com/mo...slang_s-z.html
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
WHILE STATIONED ON A REMOTE MOUNTAIN TOP IN TURKEY BACK IN 83 WITH 12 OTHER LUCKY SOULS, WE ALL HAD NICKNAMES. MY LAST NAME BEING MOONEYHAM I WAS TAGGED WITH "MOONSTER" STRANGE WHAT GROAN MEN WILL DO WHEN ISOLATED. HA!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 98blackhawk
when i bought this bike and joined the forum,i fully intended to paint my 98 black.then the red color grew on me instead.....
We can always change your username if you want.

Originally Posted by HawkRider98
I ride a '98 Hawk. Pretty orginal, huh?
I guess it would be original if I didn't have it first.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Superstock

Zedicus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by johndb
Hey Thumper,

Not trying to be too much of a stickler, but a thumper must also be a single cylinder engine. The name describes the sound...

http://www.motorcyclegiftshop.com/mo...slang_s-z.html

single cylinder 4-stroke engine. the term has been carried over to pretty much any 4-stroke motorcycle/atv engine. but i think he originally mentioned dirtbikes to begin with anyways.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thumper
Long term 4-stroke dirt bike rider.

Thumper - is a slang for 4-stroke engine
Thumper, I'm sure you meant 4 stroke single.

Mine's pretty obvious, I ride a VTR and I'm a surfer...both short and long boards. We only have 2 motorcycles in the garage, but we've got 18 boards.
Plus, riding a motorcycle in the twisties feels somewhat like surfing.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Ottawa, Ont.
Squid

Riff is on a distinguished road
Riff is a bit of a tribute to Joe, Joe being the recently deceased father of a good bud from the old neighbourhood. Everytime I'd show up or phone my friend, Joe would yell out "The Riff is here" or "Pickup the phone, it's the Riff". To Ol' Joe, Riff was an endearing way of saying riff-raff. Guess I spent too much time lazing around thier home and eating out of their fridge huh?!?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Back Marker

Vega (streetfighter) is on a distinguished road
Kinda silly since I dont have a proper streetfighter, just a crashed one with no plastics. But I loved the video game Streetfighter II and one of my favorite characters to use was named Vega. Hence the name Vega (streetfighter)
Old 05-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
mine comes from my last name, it's what everyone called me in high school
Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Back Marker

Stixx is on a distinguished road
sticks. What my legs looked like in high school b-ball shorts.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Major is my first name and it's also an adj and other things in english. "that's something major " is a slang term, but it's pronounced sumthin around here. Sumthin_major
Old 05-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Comes from my early motocross days.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Back Marker

REDVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Cant remember, think it came to me in a dream or something.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
My bro. had a magazine subscription (Maxim) ordered under the name M Shizzy Wizzy. I was at his house when I picked up the mag and happened to notice the name on the sticker. I laughed my *** off! He was into Snoop and Dre at the time, so some of you should get the reference. Only thing I changed was the J, for Justin.
For the record, these mags will send them to whatever the person writes on the card... so hopefully you guys will try to do the same. funny stuff.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:04 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
I'll just leave this here...

should be fairly obvious
Attached Thumbnails Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username-linearray1.jpg  
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Squid

1zeppfan is on a distinguished road
Started when I was 7 and I heard Black Dog for the first time. It has been worse than crack ever since. I even have Led Zeppelin tatt's.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Squid

Joe Kano is an unknown quantity at this point
It's just my name cuz when it said to enter User Name I thought it ment the name that I use.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Back Marker

Derbig Mooser is on a distinguished road
And I'm North America's largest native ungulate. It's a nasty job, but somebody has to do it.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Back Marker

Malice is on a distinguished road
Malice=I got when I started competing in karate tournaments at about 9 years old because I was always aggressive instead of defensive. It threw everyone off and someone said I go out there like I have malicious intents. It's stuck for the last 24 years through competing in boxing, mma, muay thai and sword fighting. The funny thing is it's pretty much the opposite of my personality
________
Health Store

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
used my name so wouldn't 4get : )
Old 05-17-2009, 12:16 AM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
Been carrying it for awhile, unfortunately, I can't seem to get away from it due to a VERY recent event... It comes from the Beck song... "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" During which time, I had become a 4 time loser at the DUI game(By the age of 21), I was briefly cured by switching to marijuana, but that didn't work out so well since I am an aircraft mechanic. I have successfully repaired, modified, inspected aircraft of EVERY type for near 20yrs now(even worked as an inspector on United's 747 and 777 aircraft until laid off) yet under no uncertain terms, I am still a LOSERBABY!

Quick Reply: Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username