Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

I May Need A Favor From A Reputable Forum Member In The Pacific Northwest....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
I May Need A Favor From A Reputable Forum Member In The Pacific Northwest....

I'm planning on doing a PNW ride with my wife this coming July, but I'll most likely have to truck the bikes up there as the wife thinks riding all the way there from AZ could ruin the ride for her. I'd like to find a member who'll let me park my '99 Chevrolet S10 ZR2 at their residence while we ride around the PNW and Canada for a week and a half. Would greatly appreciate a secure location if possible.
We've also been tossing around the idea of relocating to the Portland area, but nothing is set in stone yet. Can anybody give me some insight on what to expect from the area or other interesting areas nearby?

Thanks!

Last edited by inderocker; 05-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:44 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
What part of the state? Truck and trailer? How big is your rig?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
WWTDD
Back Marker

Seattle_SuperHawk is on a distinguished road
hit me up on PM , i have room in my driveway. I am Everett about 1 1/2 hour from the canadian boarder, safe neighborhood. Also have maps of local scenic rides
Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
So close to Portland I could throw a stone. I have a locked yard out front of the shop that you could park in. Its safe I have never had any issues. During the day when I am here its open but it gets all locked up at night and whenever there isn't someone (usually me) at the shop on the weekends. That is if it isn't too far south.

As far as riding in this area you have to be clueless not to find amazing twisty roads and scenery. Head west out to the coast any number of way, avoid heavily traveled routes and you will be blessed with quite twisty roads for as many miles as you want to ride that day. PM me if you want more specific route choices I know the northern Oregon roads pretty well.

Head east (again northern Oregon) and if you can survive an hour or so of straight roads after Mt Hood head into the Fossil Oregon area and there is another weeks worth of awesome riding routes and absolutely amazing views and basically no one out there in cars to bother you.

~LH

Last edited by Little_Horse; 05-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by inderocker

We've also been tossing around the idea of relocating to the Portland area, but nothing is set in stone yet. Can anybody give me some insight on what to expect from the area or other interesting areas nearby?

Thanks!

Also about the relocating thing, we do get a lot of days of rain. The riding is awesome though and you learn to appreciate and take full advantage of the sun when it comes.

I actually moved down here from Seattle 6 years ago. I originally planned to move back since family is up there. I don't plan on it anymore. The weather is about the same here but the roads are better and you don't have to go far to find them. Whats the reason to relocate?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by thetophatflash
What part of the state? Truck and trailer? How big is your rig?

It's a '99 Chevy S10 ZR2, no trailer. I was originally hoping to leave the truck near Ukiah, CA, but the wife thinks that's still to far. She'd probably like it best if we trucked them all the way up to Seattle but I'm not going to go for that. the Portland area may work out best (if I don't get my way).
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Seattle_SuperHawk
hit me up on PM , i have room in my driveway. I am Everett about 1 1/2 hour from the canadian boarder, safe neighborhood. Also have maps of local scenic rides

PM'D
Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Little_Horse
Also about the relocating thing, we do get a lot of days of rain. The riding is awesome though and you learn to appreciate and take full advantage of the sun when it comes.

I actually moved down here from Seattle 6 years ago. I originally planned to move back since family is up there. I don't plan on it anymore. The weather is about the same here but the roads are better and you don't have to go far to find them. Whats the reason to relocate?
Thank you for the generous offer. I'd like to be further south and the wife would rather be further north, so it may be a good compromise.

I think I'm prepared for all the rain, but being an Arizona boy... who knows. I throughly enjoy the monsoon season down here, but I'm really beginning loathe the winters... getting pretty sick of all the snow. The past few winters have had a lot more snow than usual along with an extended "deep freeze" which turned it all to ice for a few weeks. Research shows Portland has cooler summers than Prescott, but has warmer winters... now that sounds good to me. As long as it is not bug infested during the summer I think I'll love it.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:42 AM
SuperBike

nope no bugs hardly some mosquitoes but they are localized near bodies of water but even then hardly at all. We get very little snow. This year nothing but a dusting that didn't last more than an hour or two. The summers are awesome it isn't usually too hot to ride, ever really.

July is a good month around here so you should really enjoy riding north from here that is what happens you won't regret it.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
You're more than welcome to park it at my place in NC and enjoy the scenic ride to canada and the PNW! :-D
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Well if you travel farther south and end up in the Bay Area let me know.....
There is always Moto GP in July.....
Old 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
Having moved from Phoenix to Oregon I can tell you that you'll miss the sunshine your first winter here. To me it was unbearably cold but if you've been living in Prescott for a while the winter won't be any different for you except for far less snow.