Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Anyone play any motogp games?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Anyone play any motogp games?

When I bought my Xbox360 it came with MotoGP6 with it. I've played MotoGP3 on regular xbox awhile back, and knew I would love the new one. And it's much, much better! The graphics are amazing, and the difficulty levels are just insane. Not to mention I don't waste a $7k+ bike every time I wreck!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm terrible at motogp3.... I don't have the patience to learn the tracks a lil better either.. heh
Old 12-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
The physics in 3 are kinda sketchy, even with 'simulation' turned on, but it's still fun for learning track layouts. Much more fun to watch on tv when you know where all the turns are. Haven't played 6, but I'd imagine they had to fix some of the crazy stuff from 3. Now Tourist Trophy on the other hand... Wow. Big strikes it are only 4 bikes on track at one time, and no online play. But otherwise, wow.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:21 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
We play it a lot at our house. it was really cool during the motoGP season to play some of the tracks then watch the races. Unfortunately, my kids (including a 12 year old) are all better than me at it - I might know which lines to take but they all know how to get their hands to make the controls do what they want much better. Its frustrating !!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Back Marker

blupleous is on a distinguished road
im still using the ps2. currently playing tourist trophy. hands down the best game i have ever played. wish the same guys would do a motogp or world superbike. what kind of monitor(lcd,plasma) is the best for the 360 or even the ps3. i assume they are both in hi-def. are there any concerns for image burn in due to the fixed images while playing? gauges speedo etc.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
I'm terrible at motogp3.... I don't have the patience to learn the tracks a lil better either.. heh
You'd love MotoGP6. The tracks are about a million times wider. I never realized how skinny they were until I played the newer 6 version. I do believe I currently have the world's fastest 600 on there. equipped with nitrous and all, going 0-178mph in about 7-8 seconds. Game is just so addicting...

You can use the 360 on just about any TV, but you won't be able to expeirence all of its capabilities unless its hi-def. They still look stunning on my regular TV, crushes the regular xbox no sweat.

The only thing I could see burning through on a plasma TV is the speedo on the lower right hand corner. Not even the tach needle or the digital MPH indicator, just the circle of the gauge is the only thing that might cause a problem.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I got motogp3 for myself about 6 months ago and my 7 year old son stole it and has become an expert while I still bounce from wall to wall to gravel trap. I think I try to countersteer the joystick.

This Christmas, an xbox360 with motogp6 ended up under the tree and he's all ready schooling me on it although not as bad. With the better controllers, we like stunting (burnouts, wheelies, and stoppies) almost as much as the racing.

Because of these games, he's become a motogp nut and watches youtube vids of all the riders. How many 7yo do you know who ask and say things like this:

And he passes on the outside. (while we ride bicycles)
What track did Sete crash at?
Why did Dani hit Nicky?
Why does Rossi ride with Colin since he never wins?

I also saw him riding his bicycle while carry a small US flag. It took me a few moments to realize he was doing his "victory lap" around the front yard. LOL.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:19 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by superbling
1.What track did Sete crash at?
2.Why did Dani hit Nicky?
3.Why does Rossi ride with Colin since he never wins?
1. All of them
2. cause Dani couldn't see over the handlebars
3. cause Colin is a true wingman
Old 12-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Lol!!