Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: engine, Sharkskin solo tail, stick coil mod, CBR1XXX triple tree, much more!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:26 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
FS: engine, Sharkskin solo tail, stick coil mod, CBR1XXX triple tree, much more!

UPDATE 5/23

SOLD: Stick Coil Fixins

SOLD: Clutch Stuff

Everything else is still FS or trade. Make me an offer if you don't like what I've listed things for...

Hi guys,

Time to clean out the basement again. Buyers pay shipping costs. I like priority boxes for smaller items and will need a few days to locate boxes for larger things. Always open for trades on the CBR F4 shock with or without the mod to make it work on the SK, a petcock rebuild kit (might as well ask) and a fork brace.

Ping me with any questions. Thanks!

Lower engine, some parts missing. Local pick up in ME, NH, MA only.
$75

Sharkskin Solo tail section. One of the tab s is getting pretty thin. This is more or less how I got it and I epoxied a washer on it and it held a long time. Comes with the SH tail light, but not bulbs.
$90

All the fixins for the coil stick mod ad two extra VTR coils. I just finished this mod, but got extras in case I screwed in up.
$50

Mystery Tree. I believe these are from a CBR1000RR, but I’m not sure. Threads in good shape.
$30

Nighthawk Triple tree. Ok, here’s the story with these: The distance between the forks match the SH, but the key hole and other bolt don’t. So you could run these OVER your stock triple tree to get predrilled holes to run the superbars. That was my plan anyhow, but I ended up just drilling my yoke.
$15

RC-51 tail. Stock RC-51 tail painted in truck bed liner – TOUGH – with a panel cut out of the back. I got the tail this way and the PO was going to run the rad-under-the-tail and made the cit to increase ventilation. Smart idea, but I never completed the mod.
$30

Fender. Good shape. Painted metallic silver.
$25

Passenger pegs and bracket. These have aftermarket AL foot peds.
$30

RC-52 tail light. One set has bulbs, the other doesn’t.
$10

Stock tail section pained metallic silver. The tail light tabs are broken and paint is scuffed in places.
$35

Last edited by Crashrat; 05-23-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:31 AM
SuperSport

Oh, also have a sidestand with wiring
$10
Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Dibs on the coil/stick PM sent. Might be interested in the tree if you can give me more info.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 PM
SuperSport

I PM'd you back, Gary. Let me know if you'd like more pictures of the triple tree. I'll check to see if there's a part number stamped into it. I have a mic and can measure the diameter and length of the stem if that would help ID it.

One other thing: If you want all four SH coils I need to send the stuff in a medium box, but if you only want / need two I can get everything into a small box. It's the same to me either way, but small priority is around $6 cheaper.

Randy
Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Squid

21zulu is on a distinguished road
If the passenger pegs have the stock pipe mounts on them, I'll take those.

Thanks Tim
Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
how does the clutch plates look on the motor.are they in good shape,been abused etc etc....
Old 05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
SuperSport

Hi guys,

Update: The stick mod parts are sold.

One of the tree's stop is broken. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not on the SH. (See below.)

Sorry Saige, but it doesn't have the clutch cover. The only covers I still have are the stator cover.

I had the Devil high Mounts on the bike with these brackets, Tim. I don't have any other mounts for this...

Thanks all!

Randy

Last edited by Crashrat; 05-20-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Back Marker

asdf33 is on a distinguished road
I think saige was asking about the clutch plates and friction disks. I am also interested in the condition and price of these parts. Specifically would like to know the thickness of the friction material and whether all the friction pads are intact.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by asdf33
I think saige was asking about the clutch plates and friction disks. I am also interested in the condition and price of these parts. Specifically would like to know the thickness of the friction material and whether all the friction pads are intact.
yes,i was asking about the clutch friction discs and clutch plates,sorry for the confusion.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:24 AM
SuperSport

Ah, I see.

I got the engine from a former lister with a bunch of sensible mods, but I really don't know much about its history. I can remove the plates and mic them if you want, but it's been a lot of years since I changed friction plates or messed around with this stuff, so I'd need you to tell me what I should snap a picture of or measure.

Just let me know what would work for y'all.

Thanks!

Randy
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Back Marker

I think you basically remove the five bolts, the springs underneath, then the pressure plate. The plates and friction disks then lift out. I would like a measurement of the friction disk thickness (measure the friction material/disk/friction material sandwich). It should be > 3.7 mm. I'd eyeball all the friction material pads to see they are intact. If some look to be much thinner than the others, please measure the thinnest and thickest. For the plates, ideally you'd throw them on a surface plate to measure warpage, but if you stack them all up and rotate them individually and they appear flat, I'd be content.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 AM
SuperSport

Right on. I'll take it apart at lunch today and post some pictures.

Thanks!

Randy
Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 AM
SuperSport

Got everything out np, but my wife has hidden my mic / ruler. I'll snap the pictures when she's home later today.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
SuperSport

Ok, I know I'm slow: Is this sandwich clutch plate / pressure plate / clutch plate OR pressure plate / clutch plate / pressure plate. I got over 4mm on all the sandwiches measured as clutch plate / pressure plate / clutch plate. There doesn't seem to be any warpage or anything and the clutch plates all look to be in good condition to me.

I took pictures of the mic on the clutch plate / pressure plate / clutch plate sandwich, but it's hard to show w/ the mic in place. Do you want me to post that and / or the stack?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Back Marker

I might need to clarify semantics. I'm calling the "pressure plate" the aluminum piece on the outside of the clutch basket. The clutch springs are between the screws and the "pressure plate." I'm calling the plain steel disks in the clutch pack the "plates." I'm calling the the disks that have the composite friction material stuck on both sides the "friction disks." The measurement I request is the thickness of the "friction disk" from the outside of the friction material on one side to the outside of the friction material on the other side of one friction disk.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 AM
SuperSport

Ah, ok. No, one friction plate is nowhere near 4mm. Honestly, I can't imagine one being that thick.

IDIOT UPDATE: Ah, I hadn't zero'ed out the mic. I'll re-measure at my mid-morning break...

Last edited by Crashrat; 05-23-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Randy as you probably figured out I'm going to pass on the tree but if you still have the passenger pegs I'm interested. You said you were using them with a highmount exhaust!?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
SuperSport

Ah, the clutch / friction plates have sold.

Well, the bike came with brackets to keep the high mounts on, Gary. I lost the whole passenger assembly, but kept the brackets, if that makes sense. (I was running a solo set-up for a long time and the wife never rides on the back of the bike anyhow.) I think this is your typical stock unit. Let me know if you'd like me to snap any pictures.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:45 AM
SuperSport

Bump.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Squid

slowjoe is on a distinguished road
Will the rear pegs work with high mount exhaust?

Edit just read the other post sorry

Last edited by slowjoe; 05-28-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM
SuperSport

No worries. I think this is just the stock bracket with AL foot pegs.